These Booking Conditions incorporate the Site Rules, the Keeping Safe on Site terms, and any other document referred to within them such as Countryside Code shall apply to each booking you make and shall form the basis of your contract with Cotswold View Caravan and Camping Site (“we” “us” and “our”). Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations. References to "you" and "your" and “they” in these Booking Conditions mean you (the person named on the booking confirmation), anyone who is added or substituted at a later date, and all members of your party (including children and any day visitors). You must ensure that all members of your party are aware of, and accept all of this agreement. Our agreement continues until the last member of your party has left the site, including any extension to your stay and for such time afterwards as may be necessary. By making a booking (including a ‘multiple booking’), the first named person on the booking agrees on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking that:
they have read these Booking Conditions and has the authority to and does agree to be bound by them;
they are over 18 years of age and where placing an order for services with age restrictions declares that they, and all members of the party are of the appropriate age to purchase those services;
they accept financial responsibility for payment of the booking on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking.
If you accept these Booking Conditions, the Site Rules and the Keeping Safe on Site, please tick the appropriate box as part of the site booking process via the website. When booking via a member of our team in the office by phone or email, or directly with site staff you must accept these Booking Conditions as part of the booking process. If you refuse to accept these Booking Conditions when placing a booking on any of our booking channels, you will not be able to make a booking. These ‘Booking Conditions’ are available on our website and available at time of booking. If you have any queries about the policy, please contact us. This policy may be updated and/or amended at any time by us. The most recent edition will be on display on our website.
1. We ask that our guests follow the Countryside Code as well as the conditions set out below and our Site Rules, displayed in our Tourist Information Centre, to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable stay with us.
2. We will do our utmost to accommodate all special pitch and booking requests. A £5.00 surcharge applies to select your own pitch/pod. Should we be unable to for fill your ‘Pick a Pitch’ or ‘Pick a Pod’ request you will be notified and offered the choice of an alternative pitch. Please note, this is NOT considered as a cancellation of the holiday by us (the company) as we are unable to guarantee you a specific pitch or location because of unforeseen events that may arise beyond our control. For example, this could include but is not limited to, essential pitch maintenance i.e., electrical, water or drainage issue and adverse weather.
3. Unfortunately, we are unable to cater for single sex parties, Hen or stag parties and groups of teenagers or young adults who are not accompanied by a fully responsible parent or legal guardian (over the age of 18) who is staying on site.
4. Please note that some park facilities may be limited to High Season.
5. We are happy to accept bookings for any number of nights except during High Season weekends, when the minimum booking is 2 nights, or during Bank Holiday weekends, when the minimum booking is 3 nights. At the point of booking, availability will be limited within the calendar to reflect the maximum stay duration. If you wish to stay longer, this must be pre-approved over the phone, in person, or by email before the booking is permitted. Extending a booking will depend on availability at the time. We ask that full payment to be made for your stay with us at least 28 days prior to the arrival date; otherwise, we cannot guarantee to hold your pitch. Full payment for your stay in our camping pods is required at the time of booking. If the pitch or camping pod is vacated early, cancelled, or the booking changes, please see our holiday cancellation policy.
6. Whilst staying on site any extensions to a booking must be arranged with reception and are subject to availability and possible pitch relocation as there is no guarantee that you can extend your stay on a pitch beyond the scheduled day of departure. Please do not book extra nights online as this creates a new booking and whilst there may be availability on site, it does not guarantee that you can stay longer on the pitch allocated to your original booking.
7. Multiple bookings: We have a 5-pitch limit on those wanting to pitch together (unless permitted entirely at the discretion of management and must be pre-approved over the telephone or in person or by email before the booking is permitted). Please note that group bookings made directly through our online booking system which by-pass pre-approval may be rejected. Should you make a single booking but fail to identify yourself as a group and we notice an unauthorised large gathering of people, we will ask you to leave immediately without providing a refund. It is in everyone's best interest to first discuss your booking. We want to be hospitable where possible so please work with us.
8. By making a booking or “multiple booking” at Cotswold View, you are confirming that everyone in your group has read and agreed to abide by our booking conditions and site rules. If the group fails to adhere to our booking conditions and site rules, we reserve the right to ask the entire group to leave with no refunds provided.
9. To gain access to the site you must provide your vehicle registration number upon arrival as we use ANPR barrier system. One vehicle is included in your unit. Additional vehicles must be booked and paid in advance prior to arrival. Details of your pitch location will be sent to you by email prior to arrival. Pitches are available from 12:30pm and camping pods from 2:00pm and we accept arrivals up to 8:00pm in High Season and 6:00pm all other times. There are security gates to restrict access to and disturbance on the park overnight. Quiet hours are between 11:00pm and 7:00am. 24hour CCTV recording is in operation at the farm for both for the safety of our guests and staff.
10. All booking must depart before 12:00pm (midday). Late departures are both subject to availability and management discretion, please check with a member of staff in Reception. Be aware that charges may apply if staying beyond 12 o’clock/midday.
11. By the very nature of our lovely woodland surroundings, we ask that great care is taken at all times, especially the proper supervision of children and pets, so that they are not a nuisance or danger to themselves or others. For your own enjoyment and safety, we insist that the Site Rules are strictly adhered to. If any accidents requiring medical attention or involving damage to property occur within the boundaries of the site, please report full details to the management prior to your departure.
12. All caravans and vehicles parked, stored and moved on the site are done so at the owner’s risk and the company will not accept any liability for loss or damage to the property, or injury to the owner and his party unless the company is found to be negligent. Owners are required to comply with the Road Traffic Act while on the Park, and keep their vehicles and caravans fully insured against fire, theft and third-party liability at all times during the duration of their stay. Vehicle speeds should not exceed 5mph (equivalent to a vehicle being in first gear or a person moving at a walking pace). Unfortunately, commercial vehicles (i.e. vans) are not permitted on the Park except by prior arrangement. This is a touring caravan and camping park, we cannot accommodate those using caravans, motor homes or tents for residential or employment purposes.
13. Deposit: Payment in full is required at the time of booking for all 1 or 2 night bookings and 3 night bookings at Bank Holidays to guarantee your pitch. For longer bookings, a deposit of £50.00 per pitch will be applied against your stay at the Park but will not be refunded in the event of cancellation. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee to hold your pitch unless we receive payment of the balance at least 28 days prior to your arrival date. If the balance is not paid in time, we are entitled to cancel your holiday booking and retain your deposit. For camping pods where payment is made in full at the time of booking no deposit applies.
14. Holiday Cancellation Policy:
Booking Changes. You can amend your booking online (for free) or over the phone (for a £10.00 administration fee per pitch) up to 14 days before your arrival date, subject to any cost differences. If the cost of your booking remains the same or increases, you will be able to make changes; otherwise, no changes can be made to the booking. The administration fee will be waived if the booking duration is extended, subject to availability at the time. If you decide to change your arrival date, the cancellation terms will apply in the same way that they did for your initial arrival date.
Early Vacation. If you wish to make an early departure, we ask you to inform us as soon as you become aware of this decision. We regret that no refunds will be given if guests depart prior to the end of the booked holiday.
Cancellation of the Holiday by you (the customer). You may cancel your holiday at any time. Cancellation will be effective on the date it is received by us. Cancellation charges for pitches are payable by you as follows: more than 28 days’ notice before your arrival date – £30 or 100% of the holiday cost if less than £30, or for longer bookings the deposit only; 28 days and under – 100% of the holiday cost. Cancellation charges for camping pods are payable by you as follows: at any time after booking – 100% of the holiday cost. Please consider taking out suitable insurance to cover cancellation or financial loss.
Cancellation of the Holiday by us (the company). If the balance is not paid by you in time, we are entitled to cancel your holiday booking and retain your deposit. If we are unable to provide the booked holiday and have had to cancel before that holiday is due to start, you are entitled to a full refund of the money you have paid.
15. Transfers of Booking: If you have made a booking and you or any member of your party is prevented from travelling, that person(s) may transfer their place to someone else, subject to the following conditions:
that person is introduced by you and satisfies all the conditions applicable to the booking;
we are notified not less than 7 days before your arrival date;
you pay any outstanding balance payment, an amendment fee of £10,00 per person transferring, as well as any additional fees, charges or other costs arising from the transfer; and
the transferee agrees to these booking conditions and all other terms of the contract between us.
You and the transferee remain jointly and individually liable for payment of all sums. If you are unable to find a replacement, cancellation charges as set out in condition 8 will apply to cover our estimated costs. Otherwise, no refunds will be given for passengers not travelling or for unused services. Important Note: Certain arrangements may not be amended or transferred after they have been confirmed and any alteration could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
16. Booking Extras: You are permitted to bring one car per pitch. If you wish to bring an additional vehicle, this is classed as a booking ‘Extra’ and there is a nightly charge for this. You can book all ‘Extras’ (including a ‘Second Car’, ‘Gazebo/Event Shelter’ and ‘Pup-tent’) at the time of booking. Booking ‘Extras’ must be booked in advance and paid for prior to your arrival date. We reserve the right to refuse any booking ‘Extras’ not booked in advance. A £10.00 administration fee per pitch will be charged in addition to any booking "Extras" added between the date of your arrival and departure.
17. Insurance: We strongly recommend that you obtain adequate travel insurance in respect of your booking with us. You must be satisfied that your insurance fully covers all your personal requirements including pre-existing medical conditions, cancellation charges, medical expenses in the event of accident or illness. If you choose to travel without adequate insurance cover, we will not be liable for any losses arising, to whatever extent, in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
18. Complaints: We make every effort to ensure that your booked arrangements run smoothly but if you do have a problem during your stay, please inform the campsite reception immediately who will endeavour to put things right for you. If you wish to make a complaint, please send notice of your complaint to us within 28 days of the end date of your stay via our ‘Contact us’ page on our website (alternatively write to us). Please keep communications concise and to the point and provide your booking reference to us so that we can investigate. This will assist us in quickly identifying your booking, addressing your concerns and speed up our response to you. Failure to follow the procedure set out in this condition may affect ours and any applicable supplier’s ability to investigate your complaint and will affect your rights under this contract.
19. Force Majeure: Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Booking Conditions we will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by “Force Majeure”. For the purposes of these Booking Conditions, Force Majeure means any event beyond our or our supplier’s control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Examples include warfare and acts of terrorism (and threat thereof), civil strife, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination (including, without limitation, the ongoing effects of Covid-19), epidemics, pandemics or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination or remain at the travel destination, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, labour strikes, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster, unavoidable technical problems with transport and similar events outside our or the supplier(s) concerned’s control.
20. Data protection: The information taken at time of booking is required to be collected for the purposes of processing your reservation at Cotswold View Caravan and Camping Park. We may process your data to keep you informed of our activities and to keep you updated with news, offers and other information that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information for the marketing purposes described in this paragraph, please let us know. We may also disclose your data to CampStead Ltd (our booking providers) who may contact you, inviting you to complete a questionnaire and review regarding your stay at our site.
21. Photography: Photography (still, digital and video) is not permitted in any changing areas on-site. Only non-intrusive photography of your own party and friends is permitted on-site. You may not carry out photography for commercial purposes, publication, or similar purposes in any part of our site. We regularly take photographs and videos for promotional and training purposes, and we occasionally receive requests from TV or other companies to film/photograph on-site. Please be aware that filming may be in progress during your break. Drones are NOT permitted to be used by visitors on our premises. We may occasionally commission trained, insured, and licensed professionals to take footage and/or photos of our site for promotional and/or marketing purposes. Should you not wish to appear in any such material please notify us on or before your arrival to Banbury Hill Farm.